|by N/A on 4/15/2018|
Job Title: Assistant Swim Coach (1)
Location: Moseley, VA
Organization: Magnolia Green Aquatic Association / Sea Dragons Swim Team
Position Deadline: Open until filled. Open to Applicants on 4/10/18.
Needed to Apply: Send resume or questions to email@example.com.
The Magnolia Green Aquatic Association is seeking an assistant coach for the 2018 summer swim team season. The Magnolia Green Sea Dragons compete in the Chesterfield Aquatic League with 21 other teams. The swim team is located in the Magnolia Green subdivision. An assistant coach for the Magnolia Green Sea Dragons will help assist the head swim coach to carry out the vision for the program and assist with practice each day. An assistant coaching candidate works hard, and is a dedicated individual with a background in competitive swimming. In addition, the assistant coach will take initiative to help assist and support other coaches and to conduct effective practices. Candidates must be able to teach skills to a wide ranging set of skills for swimmers aged 3-4 (Mini Dragon Kickboard racers) and 5-18. All applicants will interview with select swim team board members and the Head Swim Coach prior to being considered as a candidate for hire.
Core duties/responsibilities, preferences & requirements:
· Knowledge of all four swimming strokes (freestyle, backstroke breaststroke, butterfly) with the ability to pass that knowledge on to swimmers aged 4 through 18.
· Must be willing to instruct both in and out of the water during practice.
· Will help set up and break down the pool before and after each practice.
· Can effectively communicate with swimmers and parents.
· Can effectively communicate and collaborate with all of the coaches on staff.
· Ability to listen and follow instructions given by the head coach.
· Arrives prior to the start of practice to become familiar with practice plan.
· Shows exemplary character and serves as a role model to young swimmers.
· Excellent listening and communication skills.
· Assistant Coach must be able to commit to coach from the middle of May through July.
· Previous experience with Team Manager, Meet Manager, or Team Unify (Preferred).
· Must have valid and current CPR certification prior to season starting. (Required)
· Valid Lifeguard Certification (Preferred)
· Two or more seasons of summer league coaching or swim team experience (Preferred)